Friday, May 15, 2009

freckles

I just realized that I listen to my favorite music when I write. It makes it better. Each word is somehow more magical, and the every note has a life and a name. It's great.

Lately, like, in the last couple of days, I've been reading the book of Mormon. Now, don't leave angry comments with the word "apostate" in them until you finish reading this blog. Deal? Good.

It's an interesting story, so far. I haven't gotten very far, but I like it a lot.

But I was like, "Dude, I can't become Mormon! Aside from reasons like it's not my religion, I was raised Christian, they're relatives to the Satanist (the impression I get from what I've heard about Mormonism) and stuff like that, aside from all of that- they can't drink coffee, and the girls always have to wear sleeves." I love my halter dresses, and I love tank tops and my bikini and I gosh freaking darn love coffee. That's not even debatable. Coffee is my drug of choice, and I am probably the sole largest supporter of Starbucks out there.

My mind started to wander, and I thought about always having to wear polo's and I could see myself dressing like a 40 year old woman at 20. How about my wedding? I've always dreamed of this beautiful creamish white strapless sparkly princess dress. . . how would sleeves ever fit into my faerie tale? Yeah.

I have freckles on my shoulders. People notice it alot. They usually say something really smart, like "Hey, you have freckles on your shoulders!" and I say something dripping with sarcasm, like "Really? Dude! I didn't know that!!". It's great.

Today I realized I don't want any boys to know I have freckles on my shoulders. No boys that is, other than the boy I marry, whether that's Curtis or you or whoever. I don't want everyone to see my freckles, and make stupid comments, I want him to see them. And hopefully, he won't say anything totally ridiculous.

I know that this sounds totally stupid, and not at all like the liberated feminist girl I am, but. . . I think it's something special, and you don't tell everyone a secret, do you?

Somewhere in the Bible it says that you don't throw your pearls to swine. Obviously, that's a little over the top, because pearls and freckles have nothing to do with each other, but. . . to me, it's similar.

A secret.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound your barbaric yawp over the rooftops of my blog: