Sunday, July 19, 2009

hey you, i love you

You with the blond hair, black hair, brown hair, blue hair.
Short like me, giant feet.
You with your silly grin, crooked teeth, funny faces.

I love you.

I love every freckle on your silly chin.
Ever curly hair on your scalp.

I love your funny-looking toes.
Your crooked, doggy nose.

You with your size 9 Doc's. Your leopard-print flats.
Chucks all in rainbow colors and flags.

You, straight or curved.
Hopeful or hopeless.

You, under a blue sky or a rainbow banner.
You, no matter what's in your pants or under your shirt.

I love you no matter what your mouth says-
Because I've seen your eyes and I've heard your heart beat.

You with your pigeon ribs. You with your chewed up fingernails.

You with the hat and the guitar slung on your back.

I love you.

I love you, even with your ribs sticking out through your coat.
And even with your calorie counter poking out of your back pocket.

You, with your ziplock bags and your water bottles full of vomit.

Behind your eyes lies liquid fire.

I love you.

No matter what.

No matter who you are.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound your barbaric yawp over the rooftops of my blog: