Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"are you lonely? are my scars too deep, or do you have them too? or do you only love the ones that look like you?"

Do You Only Love the Ones That Look Like You - Molly Jenson and Jon Foreman. It's pretty much the best thing ever, so thank you to Jamie for telling us about it, huh?

Are you lonely? Are my scars too deep, or do you have them too? Or do you only love the ones that look like you?

Today is Wednesday, and I have the choice of going to church- or not. Not.

I had pancakes today, but we didn't have any maple syrup so I had to be creative, finally settling on strawberry preserves and whipped cream. Not bad, but not as good as chocolate chips or syrup.

There's this book, and I just finished it. It's about rape and boys and obscure music- it's great. "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. If you're reading this, you should read that, because it's good. . . though she takes a hell of a long time getting to the point. It sort of annoyed me, but once she got there, she was right on. It made me wonder if she'd been raped, the way she described the separation of body and emotions, one blocked the other just present; just alive.

Music is the main thing that's been happening these last few days, mainly U2 and random local bands. Hopefully going to SOHO this weekend.

I leave you with this, I thought it was really cool. . . a song with a title that's me:

Annie- Mat Kearney


I'm caught in a moment out in the rain
Tell me there's something we can say
Help me to find a light
Something that's worth living
Shes walking the backbeat out in the grave
Tell me there's something we can change
Help me to find my way back down

Cause Annie's got to get out
Before she never can
Were chasing for the ceiling
I'm grabbing for her hand
Were calling on a thin phone line, tonight
Cause Annie's got to get out

Holding the line from the back of the car
Miles and miles from where you are
Maye the hardest things are the dreams that we've been given
And you scream and you sing and you shout
There one way in and there's one way out
Help me to find my way back down

Cause Annie's got to get out
Before she never can
Were chasing for the ceiling
I'm grabbing for her hand
Were calling on a thin phone line, tonight
Cause Annie's got to get out

There's one love in the morning
Add three days in the grave
Fall back in the evening
Now our lives will change

I'm caught in a moment out in the rain
Tell me there's something we can say
Help me to find my way back down

Cause Annie's got to get out
Before she never can
Were chasing for the ceiling
I'm grabbing for her hand
Were calling on a thin phone line, tonight
Cause Annie's got to get out
Oh Annie's got to get out
We sing......

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound your barbaric yawp over the rooftops of my blog: